Scanpst.exe is missing from \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 folder in Microsoft Office 2010 Click to Run Edition. Germantown managed Exchange services.
- Exit Outlook.
- Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders option is enabled in your folder options. To check this option, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Computer
- Click Organize, and then click Folder and Search Options
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, make sure that the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option is selected, and then click OK.
- Open the Click-to-Run version of Microsoft Word 2010
- Click File, and then click Open
- Browse to App Virt (Q:) drive to open the folder ending in “XXXXXX-enu”
- Right-Click the Scanpst.exe file and then click Open.
- Click Browse to locate the .pst file
(Note By default, Outlook 2010 puts .pst files in C:\Users\username\My Documents\Outlook Files.)
- Click Start. The Inbox Repair tool starts to scan the file.
The Inbox Repair tool will report any errors found. Click Repair to repair.
Content Source = http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981686