When opening Microsoft Word attachments in ThunderBird with office 2013 the attachments open in “read only” mode. Rockville computer Exchange email support services.
- Open from the “Tools” and select “Options”.
- Go to the “Advanced” pane and select the “General” tab.
- Click “Config editor” and confirm the security warning.
- Search for “browser.helperApps.deleteTempFileOnExit” and if you find it, double click it and set the value to False.
- If you don’t find it, right click into the main area, choose “New” > “Boolean”, add “browser.helperApps.deleteTempFileOnExit” as name and choose “False” as value.
- Restart ThunderBird
Content Source = https://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_do_i_prevent_thunderbird_opening_all_attachments_as_read_only